Prior to submitting an Application, all prospective Music Nova Scotia Investment Program Applicants must update their Applicant Profile. If you do not have an Applicant Profile, you must first complete and submit an Applicant Profile form. Please select the appropriate link below. If you have already created an Applicant Profile previously the you must not create a new Applicant profile. Please contact the Program Manager if you are unsure whether you have an Applicant Profile.
ONCE YOU HAVE UPDATED/CREATED YOUR APPLICANT PROFILE YOU MAY FILL OUT AN INVESTMENT APPLICATION
- Music Nova Scotia Investment Program – Applicant Profiles document
- Investment Program Business Policies
- Artist Development Guidelines
- Artist Development Donated Services Form
- Artist Development Guardian Consent Form
- Deal Memo for Hired Musicians and Crew
- Vehicle Log
- Artist Development Cost Summary Template
With your application, you must submit:
- A streaming link of a recent demo along with lyrics (PDF file only), known as the Assessment Track
- A current Artist Biography (uploaded to your Applicant Profile)
- A Guardian Consent Form if under the age of 18
At the end of the Artist Development year, successful applicants are required to deliver to Music Nova Scotia one new, previously unreleased, professional quality sound recording, called the Delivery Track.
March 15, 2021
September 15, 2021
Who is Eligible?
Artist General (formerly Developing Artist Level I)
Artist II and Artist III applicants are not eligible for this investment stream
An Artist or Professional Songwriter may receive one Artist Development investment per Music Nova Scotia fiscal year, to a maximum of three (3) Artist Development investments in the lifetime of the Artist Development stream.
Level of Investment – $3,000.00 maximum per Applicant per Deadline
Percentage of Investment – 75%