COVID-19 Recording Fund
The COVID-19 Recording Fund is a one time investment program available to artists rated Artist II or III. The COVID-19 Recording fund provides investment toward:
- 75% of out-of-pocket, third-party costs, up to $2,500 for any recording expenses incurred between March 15, 2020 and February, 15, 2021 that were not funded by any other source (FACTOR, MNS, etc…)
- Recording Expenses include but are not limited to: studio time, mixing, mastering, hired musician fees. Any costs not listed must be approved by the Investment Program Coordinator prior to application.
- Artists wishing to apply for the COVID-19 Recording Fund MUST CONTACT Darryl Smith prior to submitting an application to ensure their eligibility – firstname.lastname@example.org & 902-800-2047
- Applications will not be evaluated or juried; if you are rated Artist II or Aritst III, have incurred eligible recording expenses in the allotted time period and submit your receipts, you will receive payment.
- Applications will be approved on a first come, first served basis while funds are available.
- This program will be run in conjunction with a third round of the COVID-19 Response program. Artists who have not recorded, but intend to record may apply for that program.
- Artists may apply for the Recording Costs COVID program and/or the COVID-19 Response Program. If they apply in both programs, the total award of the COVID-19 Response Program will be reduced by the amount that they received in the Recording Costs COVID program.
With your application, you must submit:
A completed cost summary spreadsheet and PDF of receipts/invoices and proofs of payment.
March 15, 2021
Who is Eligible?
Artists rated Artist II and Artist III are eligible for this investment stream
Level of Investment – $2,500.00 maximum per Applicant
Percentage of Investment – 75%